Friday, April 8, 2011

Mastery Connect

Do I believe in multiple choice? No. Does my philosophy of education support solely using assessments with right/wrong answers? No. Why then am I choosing, happily, to incorporate Mastery Connect into my assessment plan? Because the process of managing, monitoring, and sharing out student mastery of standards in a multi-age environment is something I have not yet mastered myself. So, Mastery Connect is a nice bridge for me and a fairly painless one for students to have more traditional documentation for reporting purposes.

http://www.masteryconnect.com/

1 comment:

  1. Becky,

    I am excited that you are using MasteryConnect! I couldn't agree more with your original thoughts on multiple choice and right/wrong answer assessments. As a principal, I want my teachers assessing students using a variety of methods including multiple choice, open answer, rubrics etc...and I think it is important to note that MasteryConnect allows teachers to create and share all kinds of teacher created assessments. The power of MasteryConnect is that when teachers share their assessments...everyone benefits. I am looking forward to hearing how things go with MasteryConnect.

    Trenton Goble
    Education Consultant
    MasteryConnect

    ReplyDelete